• Mon. Mar 4th, 2024

Buried by Mistake: The Heartwrenching Story of Tyler Chase’s Overdose and Misidentification

ByEditor

Feb 11, 2024
22-year-old job seeker mistakenly declared dead

In September, Tyler Chase’s family received devastating news that he had died from a drug overdose. However, three months later, they learned that the body that was cremated in his name was actually that of someone else. Chase had been staying at a rehab center and was sober for several months when he realized his credit card was no longer active. Suspicious and desperate for employment, he went to authorities to resolve the issue.

When he arrived at the authorities, they informed him that a death certificate had been filed in his name. Chase immediately contacted the Portland Police who went to the rehab center where he was staying to investigate. Ultimately, it was discovered that a man living at the rehab center died from an overdose and was mistakenly identified as Chase. His family was mistakenly notified of his death and the body was cremated without being properly identified.

Chase’s cousin, Tasha Rosales, initially believed that her relative’s news of being alive was a hoax. The entire ordeal led her to raise over a thousand dollars for his cremation. However, after this experience, Chase realized how easily he could have met the same fate and found work in Portland helping the homeless. The Multnomah County spokesperson expressed deep regret for the misidentification and new procedures were put in place to prevent such errors from happening again.

The incident left Tyler’s family devastated but also grateful for their cousin’s efforts to give him a proper burial. They are now working on healing and moving forward with their lives while also advocating for better identification processes in medical facilities to prevent similar tragedies from occurring in the future.

Leave a Reply